May 11, 2017; 1-2:30 p.m. (ET)
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) will host a webinar 1-2:30 p.m., May 11, to highlight two clinical tools to help health care providers treat patients following concussion. Current concussion management guidelines include a stepped, or phased, approach to returning to activities after a period of rest.
Webinar presenters will demonstrate how to use clinical recommendations to treat service members and discuss:
- How to begin the progressive return to activity process
- The roles of the primary care provider and the rehabilitation provider
- The six stages of the progressive return to activity process
The goal of this webinar is to help providers use these tools and take a standardized treatment approach to boost patient recovery.
Participants will learn how to:
- Compare and contrast the two clinical recommendations
- Identify the criteria to refer patients to a rehabilitation provider
- Recognize when a patient is ready to progress through each activity stage
- Educate patients about acute symptom management and each activity stage
- Scott C. Livingston, Ph.D., PT, ATC
- Director, Education Division DVBIC Silver Spring, Maryland
- Jessicah Ray, PA-C
- Information Innovators, Inc. Contract Support to DVBIC Clinical Practice Guidelines/Clinical Recommendations Division Silver Spring, Maryland
- Maryanne Sacco, MA, OTR/L
- TBI Clinical Educator Contract Support to DVBIC Office of Clinical Training and Education Silver Spring, Maryland
- Lt. Cmdr. Lisa D. Ellis, MS, FNP-C
- Clinical Provider Training Chief DVBIC Silver Spring, Maryland
Continuing education credit is available from Professional Education Services Group (PESG). You must register by 3 p.m. (ET) May 11, 2017, to qualify for the receipt of continuing education credit.
The awarding of continuing education credit is limited in scope to health care providers who actively provide psychological health and TBI care to U.S. active-duty service members, reservists, National Guardsmen, military veterans and their families.
Sign up for the webinar. Please note registration is required for each webinar regardless if the participant has an existing PESG account. Upon completion of registration, you will receive a confirmation email with webinar event details.
Once registered, you may use Adobe Connect or Defense Collaboration Services to attend the webinar.
If you have questions or need assistance, please email the DCoE webinar team.