Aug. 24, 2017; 1-2:30 p.m. (ET)
Research shows that technology can help behavioral health patients follow treatment plans and engage better with their providers. Yet many clinicians don’t have guidance on how to effectively and safely use these resources.
The goal of this webinar is to share the latest Defense Department (DoD) and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) mobile health apps and clinical support tools developed to help the military community. Presenters will review the latest research on using mobile apps to improve patient outcomes, and share best practices for using them in the clinical care setting.
Participants will learn to:
- Describe the latest DoD and VA mobile health apps and clinical support tools, and strategies to use them with clinical care
- Evaluate current empirical research on how DoD and VA mobile apps can improve patient outcomes
- Examine best practices for using mobile health technology in clinical care settings
- Christina M. Armstrong, Ph.D.
- Clinical Psychologist, Education and Training Program Lead National Center for Telehealth & Technology Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
- Robert P. Ciulla, Ph.D.
- Clinical Psychologist, Division Chief Mobile Health Program National Center for Telehealth & Technology Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
- Pearl McGee-Vincent, Psy.D.
- Clinical Psychologist, Dissemination and Training Division National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) VA Palo Alto Health Care System Palo Alto, California
- Katherine Juhasz, MS
- Health Science Specialist Dissemination and Training Division National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) VA Palo Alto Health Care System Palo Alto, California
Continuing education credit is available from Professional Education Services Group. You must register by 3 p.m. (ET) Aug. 24, 2017, to qualify for the receipt of continuing education credit.
The awarding of continuing education credit is limited in scope to health care providers who actively provide psychological health and traumatic brain injury care to U.S. active-duty service members, reservists, National Guardsmen, military veterans and their families.
Sign up for the webinar. Please note registration is required for each webinar regardless if the participant has an existing account. After you register you will receive a confirmation email with more webinar event details.
Once registered, you may use Adobe Connect to attend the webinar.
If you have questions or need assistance, please email the DCoE webinar team.