- How long does it take to request a speaker?
- For best results, place your request for a speaker at least four to six months prior to the event. The more lead-time you provide the better. Requests can be made up to a year in advance of your event.
- Who will be my DCoE speaker?
- DCoE has many interesting speakers with a wide range of unique talents and expertise. Speaking topics range from basic psychological health and traumatic brain injury overviews to more in-depth detailed and clinical presentations. In filling your request, we consider topic requested, funding availability, traveling distance, event attendance, media coverage, and availability of a prospective speaker. Our goal is to find the most appropriate DCoE speaker for each forum.
- Can my DCoE speaker address more than one group?
- Yes. Once a speaker is confirmed, we work with you to support as many different venues/events as possible. If you have information about other possible speaking opportunities in your area, please let us know.
- What costs are involved?
- When organizations lack funds to support speakers, we try to fund our speakers’ participation. However, we are not obligated to fund speakers, and funding is extremely limited. We attempt to find DCoE speakers in locations nearest the event or explore options using video teleconferencing or similar options to minimize costs. Sometimes it is more appropriate and cost effective to send printed materials or already developed presentations in lieu of a speaker.
For questions or to learn more, contact the DCoE Speakers Bureau.